Monday 14 December 2009

Christmas in England

So the first trip back to England for me and the girls is going to be an extended 3 week visit for Christmas and New Year! Lots of things planned, many people to see (and we're not going to have chance to see everyone we'd like to), places to go, and quite a long shopping list to fulfill. I have to say, people aside, I haven't actually missed all that much about the place. I am looking forward to going clothes shopping for me and the girls though, as we are quite limited for options on that score here in Södertälje.

I wrote a little blogpost on posterous about the things I'm looking forward to. And yes, it is all food.

So I guess it can't be all that bad here, or we'd be more homesick surely?

As we'll need a car whilst we're there, we've decided to travel overnight on the ferry from Esbjerg (in Denmark) to Harwich. We did consider driving the whole way, but the thought of spending 2 full days in the car with the girls was not particularly appealing. And being on the ferry, in a cabin, feels like it will be something of an adventure - I'm sure it will be to the girls anyway.

I confess I initially wasn't that bothered about going back, but I am looking forward to seeing everyone, and it will be nice to have a break from being in the apartment. And now that it's nearly time to set off, I am getting a little bit excited!

So don't expect any more updates for a few weeks (as if you were anyway!) - I'll see you when we get back to Sverige.

God jul och gott nytt år!

No comments:

Post a Comment