Wednesday 12 August 2009

iPhone again

As I mentioned previously, one of the things I was looking forward to about moving to Sweden was that I was promised an iPhone when we got here. Decided to wait till the end of July when the new 3GS was released, but of course when I went on the day they had nowhere near enough stock in and I had to order one. They told me that it would be about a month, so you can imagine my delight when I got a phone call last night to say it had arrived already!
So off I trotted this morning down to the store in much excitement, only to find (after the shiny box was tantalisingly placed on the counter in front of me and we'd determined which tariff was appropriate) that actually I'm not allowed to have a contract phone until I've either been in the country for 8 months, or we have bought a house.
A very sad me left the Telia shop and wandered over to Carphone Warehouse to get a pay as you go sim card to put in my UK phone. Looks like I am doomed to only have basic phone functions for a while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment